Friday, April 20, 2007

As I was driving back from Wild Gecko today, sitting in the seat with my pepper spray in one hand and some 1000 bills in the other (money for the beggars and pepper spray for anyone who gets too close to me) I was thinking how bizarre this is and that I really do need to get out of Africa. I started wondering if I could ever come back here.

Yesterday all my blood tests came back fine, except that my cholesterol is borderline high. I was convinced that they translated it incorrectly (because they have to convert from IU to mg) but now I am not so sure. I am not entirely clear on how my cholesterol can be high, because I don't eat meat and I don' t have a family history, but oh well. My biggest problem is my inabilty to lose weight. Karl seems to think I just haven't tried hard enough. Maybe I haven't. I guess I have to become anorexic to lose weight. Less that 1000 calories a day...Interesting thing is that he was telling me to lower my cholesterol I need to go on a low fat diet - I pretty much do that anyway - but then tells me that the Atkins diet is a good one as is the South Beach Diet. Neither of those is really low fat...I am confused.

You know how sometimes you complain about things and you just want someone to say, yeah, that really sucks. Yeah, most of the time that's what people want to hear. I suppose no one ever talks about what they like about their lives.

I'm trying to get stuff together for the yard sale tomorrow. I don't want to go to this...I don't want to go out tonight. I don't want to do anything.

I didn't get the job in Warsaw. I guess it's for the best. At least that's what everyone keeps saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated! I love to hear the nice and clever things you have to say.

Anonymous comments will be deleted. Think of this as 1st grade and always put your name on your work:).