Thursday, December 14, 2006

Bunko sucks!

Not really, I do enjoy playing it, I am just sick of putting it together for the people here. I need 12, today I had 10 confirmed and inevitably - every month someone cancels last minute. Usually they have the good excuse of being sick, but some have a tendency to just cancel for no real reason...whatever. I am tired of it. I think tonight is the last Bunko. And I don't want to announce it because they will beg me to continue organizing, or maybe they wouldn't...and I don't know which would be worse.

Still feeling pretty Grinchy. Most everyone we know is going away for Christmas. It's so hard to travel with the kids and so expensive. With the cost, it only makes sense to stay somewhere a long time (long being more than a week), but that doesn't work well anywhere.

We went for our PPD test readings today. Everyone's still good. They tell us we need to keep getting tested at least once a year, because a lot of people in the Foreign Service do transfer over to TB positive. Still good though! Yeah!

I woke up this morning at 5 and couldn't fall back asleep. My neck is still hurting a lot. I don't think Karl is right about it being some weird temporary thing that kids get. But anyway, I was finally making my way back upstairs to lay down, but Toby had woken up because his bed was wet. My fault, I didn't realize we were running low on disposable diapers (which we use at night) and I ordered them when we were down to about 5. Well, that should last for 5 days and then we'll have 2 days with no disposables. But the mail has been tremendously slow through the DPO and this was 2 weeks ago and still no diapers. Colleen told me today that she was told by the guy who picks up the mail that there was no DPO mail today. She said she doesn't believe him. I have to agree. The DPO is only open on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri - so yesterday they were closed- so there was no shipment during Christmas time on either Wednesday or Thursday? Yeah, someone is lying. It's not for theft, it's just for inconvenience, Ghanaians truly like to inconvenience you. So to all those people who waited until Dec. 11th - the Christmas mailing deadline for overseas mail - you were probably too late.

Then Seth woke up shortly after Toby, which is just insane. Toby is our early riser, so when he wakes up at 5:30 or 6 it's normal, but Seth...well, left to his own, Seth will sleep until at least 8 (sometimes 9) so he is particularly grumpy today. He won't take naps so he's just unpleasant to live with. Yesterday he went to play at Thomas' and I didn't want to pick him back up. I thought maybe they wouldn't notice if they took him with them on vacation.

Blaise slept the longest...oh and we learned today that Blaise doesn't like carrots.

I should go back to cooking and readying for Bunko. I am sad that I won't get to play. I really like the prizes this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated! I love to hear the nice and clever things you have to say.

Anonymous comments will be deleted. Think of this as 1st grade and always put your name on your work:).