Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Funny things.

I was thinking today about all the funny things I see around here. Once I saw a Ghanaian man walking down the street outside our house wearing an Eastern European women's fur hat. Now we live on the Equator (or 4 degrees north to be exact) so what is the need for a fur hat? And a woman's hat?

Then the other day I was at Danquah circle coming back from Koala and there was a cattle car filled with white people. Not only was it filled with white people, but some of the men were shirtless and hanging out the top like the Africans do. It was very odd. I had to look 3 times to be sure I wasn't seeing things. Traffic in the circle was stopped as EVERYONE was staring. Now we're used to cattle cars being filled with Africans, but white people...it was a pretty funny sight. Too bad I don't have a camera phone, then I'd have proof of the weird things I see.

Over the weekend we went to the Tema fish market, which was surprisingly calm considering what we had been told about it. They wanted us to buy fish from them but they were accepting when we said no. It was actually kind of nice. Not dirt cheap, but nice.

seth - Seth is learning to write his name and wanted to add his here. Now he wants to write Toby's name, so pardon the interruption.

tody - his attempt at Toby.

Well, I guess that's it for today. I have to finish up before Seth decides that he wants to type constantly. Oh, for the days that he napped. Next school year he'll be in preschool, insha Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated! I love to hear the nice and clever things you have to say.

Anonymous comments will be deleted. Think of this as 1st grade and always put your name on your work:).