Monday, February 09, 2009

Tales of the Religion Class

One of the schools that feeds into my class has holidays next week. A huge percentage of my class attends that school. My director told me that if half the class was going to be gone, I could cancel the class. SCORE!

So I asked my kids "Who's going to be gone next week?" 5 hands immediately shot up.

"Daniel*, yes your mum already told me. Dominik*, yes, you told me last week - even though you actually had no idea when the holidays were. Cecil*, okay. Richard*, okay. Thomas* - wait, Thomas you go to a different school. Your holidays are the following week. Why are you going to be gone?"

"Um...uh....I...don't...know."

"Right then, I'll ask your mom."

"No, I was confused. I'll be here next week."

Now, I'm not sure why I argued with the kid. I totally want a holiday too. But now, because I'm stupid couldn't resist, I have to work next Sunday.

And aside from being totally tempted to roundhouse kick the troublemaker in the class (not Thomas) in the head, that was the highlight of my evening.

*Names have been changed to protect the not so innocent.

3 comments:

  1. Chuck Norris would have gone for the roundhouse kick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to hold the class for one kid? I believe I'd go with his first answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you can't cancel this preposterous non-event ahead of time, send him home when you get there. you can tell him to tell his parents that the class was all about what happens when you open your mouth for no apparent reason. lol!

    -Steve @ fluxlife

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated! I love to hear the nice and clever things you have to say.

Anonymous comments will be deleted. Think of this as 1st grade and always put your name on your work:).