Friday, April 24, 2009

Job Hunting

So I had been seriously considering giving up blogging altogether. I felt as though I was spending way too much time attached to the web and not enough time doing "normal" things.

And then my husband bought me this:



For my birthday. And yeah, hell yeah, It's AWESOME!

And then Catsmilk falls into my lap. And I have this. And I can just send it to y'all while I'm standing in the store. And what kind of person would I be if I didn't entertain y'all with it?

So, I took it as a sign. And I'm back.

And...I've applied for a job.

*gasp*

And because I've applied for the job of webmaster, a job I haven't done since 2000 (of course, I haven't had many jobs since then anyway), I've listed my blog as evidence that I actually do know something about the internet and design.

So I prettied up around here. 'Cause new guests are coming. Ones who hold my future.

So don't put your shoes on the sidebar. And make sure you don't type with your mouth full.

Or go ahead. Make yourself comfortable. That's okay too.

And I'll be making the blog rounds, but it's going to take me some time.

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you'll be back.

    These super gismos are the answer. I get to a) spend the hours I spend commuting on the blog while b) not spending much time at all online when I'm at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you.

    Nice new toy ... my birthday's in August I may request one from the birthday fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I'm not in your stalking list.
    That's it, I'm givin' up bloggin'...

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo! Good for you. I adore your writing and am thrilled to see your blog back in action!

    Best of luck with the job search. I'll have you know I wiped all the cookie crumbs off my keyboard and had my cats lick the monitor all sparkling clean. Just for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so have iphone lust. In a big way.

    Good luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it! except the big huge honkin' butterfly that's going to eat your face off every time you take a call.

    i'm just sayin'. butterflies are the devil.

    it's writeonyo, by the way. and i LOVE your new layout!

    i'm not chewing while typing and my feet aren't on the sidebars. but i'm not wearing any pants.

    haha!

    glad you're back. i don't think i would have taken another blog breakup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a phone, right?

    Good luck on the job! (I wrote that while drinking coffee, I hope that's okay.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We missed you, Sister!

    Won't you be the Web Mistress rather than the Webmaster? ;o)

    Typing with a mouth full of Petit Syrah - mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was coming over here to harumph and stomp around, but then, hey, here you ARE.

    No quitting blogging. I can't take another loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So what I meant to type was, "Hi, honey. Missed you. Yay for the phone and the job application and stuff."

    Yea, that's what I meant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am jealous of the Iphone! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you with the new job.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated! I love to hear the nice and clever things you have to say.

Anonymous comments will be deleted. Think of this as 1st grade and always put your name on your work:).