Monday, October 02, 2006

Monday, Monday

I just finished reading The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, which if you haven't read it you should. It's a very good book. If you've been to Africa and you haven't read it-you most definitely should. I learned so much from this book about this place that I have lived for over a year. It's just amazing. So much of it was just like a lightbulb going on "Oh, So THAT'S why...". Really a good book. It's an incredible story if you've never been to Africa too, it's just that it makes you really think about Africa if you have been there.

Now I have to track down a copy of one of my required reading books for Abnormal Psyc...this should be interesting. They are most likely unavailable in the local bookstores, although I bet if I wanted to brave Makola I could find it. I'll keep you posted on whether or not I get that desperate.

Yes, there was no need to brave Makola! I found 2 books in the CLO library! Now I have my choice...do I want to reread a 900 page book or a 150 page book and do a 10 page analysis of which one? I'm thinking the 900 pager because I actually understood that one better the first time I read it.

Got the most wonderful note from a person who visited about a month ago saying how impressed he was with our kids. In particular with Pamela. That was so nice to hear. He made my day. It's rare that people have nice things to say, most people just criticize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated! I love to hear the nice and clever things you have to say.

Anonymous comments will be deleted. Think of this as 1st grade and always put your name on your work:).