And now, without further ado, the most anticipated acrylic project:
Yeah, so, it's not that great, but I had to keep it a secret because it was for Pamela for her Confirmation (and she reads my blog). It's all of her sacraments (so far). And because Confirmation was only yesterday and they didn't let us take pictures I'll have to wait for the photographer so that I can finish that last panel.
Dianna asked what kind of adhesive I use on it. For the first one I did, I just used the normal adhesives (3M adhesive runner, the bling was already adhesive, as were the chipboard letters). For Pamela's, I bought spray adhesive and used that on the transparency and the pictures, but it seems to me that they both work just as well.
Mine were one sided, if you were to do two sided (like a book) you would probably want to use the spray adhesive because you can see the tape runner through the acrylic. Also, I used my Crop-a-Dile to punch the holes (because it can punch holes through 2mm thickness, but anything thicker might be a bit much), but I would recommend using the larger of the two. I used the larger one for where the ribbon would go, but the smaller one for where the binder rings would go. There's not enough give for the smaller ones and I broke the panel RIGHT before I gave it to Pamela.
The things we leave behind.
10 hours ago