Thursday, June 12, 2008

I think it's called Hyperactivity disorder...

So the poor chinchilla, whose cage is too f*cking big for any other place in the house, is sitting in the middle of the living room. Chinchillas are nocturnal. Oh, and they are easily frightened by lots of noise. So, of course, this is the perfect place for a chinchilla.

The chinchilla has been awake since Friday...you know, 'cause they are nocturnal and they are supposed to be in quiet areas with air conditioning (right.) and we have it in the middle of the living room in a house with 6 + people (3 of whom are under the age of 6).

It has begun to switch back and forth between being seriously hyperactive (doing leaping circles around it's cage) to laying in a corner and squeaking and jumping at every little movement.

So the cage which looked like this:


Now looks like this:


And all is peaceful in the house again.

I promise, soon I will have a non chinchilla post.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, poor chinchilla! Poor YOU! Thanks for stopping by & visiting my blog! I'm posting more summery songs ... maybe they'll cheer you up & give you some non-chinchilla centered thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something else that quiets them down...anitfreeze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dianna's comment..LOL.

    I hope things get back to normal with the chinchilla around. I don't know if I would keep it. I think I would leave the chinchilla and cage by the front door of the giver with a note saying.."you deal with it."

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated! I love to hear the nice and clever things you have to say.

Anonymous comments will be deleted. Think of this as 1st grade and always put your name on your work:).