Friday, August 08, 2008

Why I Suck at Traveling

I apologize for my lack of comments this week. FIL, the kids and I were out and about - on walkabout (teehee, not really, we came back). We went to Krakow.

I'm so magical, I can post even without internet connection. But, unfortunately, I am not magical enough to comment. Yet.

On this trip though, I was reminded of why I am a terrible traveler. This may come as a shock, you know, seeing as how I live outside of both my native countries, but I REALLY do not like to travel. I absolutely hate sleeping in a bed that's not mine (particularly European beds, which just suck). I hate having to speak to people I don't know. And I really don't like being cooped up with my kids in places that are unfamiliar to them (which in Poland will -and did - definitely lead to someone telling me that I am the worst mother imaginable).

See, I'm normal. No, really. I'm totally normal. I just happen to live in a country where day to day living is a little more challenging because of the language barrier.

And I have a hilarious story for later, but I've been asked not to share. So I'll have to figure out how to make everyone anonymous. Hmmm...

3 comments:

  1. Tease. Tease me with a hilarious story that you can't share?

    Tease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to travel, but I'm with you on strange beds and all. I can never fully relax outside my own bed and room.

    Can't wait to hear the anonymous funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't think I understood a word you said, but I just hosted a 6 year old birthday party so my brain is mush anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated! I love to hear the nice and clever things you have to say.

Anonymous comments will be deleted. Think of this as 1st grade and always put your name on your work:).