Monday, February 25, 2008

A Place in the Sun

I have only a few things for you today. First, here's my week 5 Deck of Me (we're on week 8, but I'm way behind).:This one was advice to yourself at 18. My advice (on the back, not shown) was "Don't worry these are nowhere near the best years of your life" which is a line from the Brad Paisley song "Letter to me". I thought that was the best advice to give a teenager.

Through Crafted By Us, I learned of this collage image group on Flickr. When I was a teenager, I LOVED making collages. It's only been recently that I learned that this is a whole art form, so now this has taken over my life;).

Also, over the weekend, I ran into a friend at the park (we had gorgeous weather this weekend, it's springtime!) and she asked about our trip back in December. I told her that I need to show her my scrapbook of it and she said "You scrapbook? I've been wanting to learn how. I bought lots of paper and glue and albums but I never did them!" So, at least until she never actually calls, I have a local scrapbooking friend (did I mention that she asked me yesterday about my trip in December? I doubt we'll actually be getting together to scrapbook).

And, I rode the motorcycle for the first time (in my skirt, got a lot of neighborhood stares for that one). It was actually quite fun, but I get freaked out at going 30mph.

They're fixing my roof today so I'm stuck at home. I thought roofs were supposed to last longer than 5 years (and I didn't know there was anything wrong with it).

2 comments:

  1. I love your card, and that song...and Brad Paisley..:-) will have to check out that Flickr site, I love the look of collage, but just not sure how to go about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. Don't feel bad, I am working on week 3's prompt for my deck of me cards.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated! I love to hear the nice and clever things you have to say.

Anonymous comments will be deleted. Think of this as 1st grade and always put your name on your work:).