Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back in Warsaw!

Hey! I arrived in Warsaw yesterday and have about a billion things to do. I did my first layout of the L.O.A.D. challenge last night when I was exhausted, but I'm in the running now! Here's the layout:

I have two chapters to read and an assignment to do, have to go grocery shopping (we made do on Eggo waffles and hot pockets last night), unpack and pick up Dylan and the boys from the airport.

We were supposed to come in on Sunday, but our flight to Chicago was delayed too long to let us make the connection with the one flight that goes to Warsaw. We were rescheduled for the next day, but that flight was canceled. They told us they couldn't get us out until Wednesday but were finally able to find us a Lufthansa flight on Tuesday. Dylan and the boys were supposed to leave on Tuesday but their flight to Chicago was delayed (after they had actually loaded everyone on the plane and closed the doors!) and they were rescheduled for Wednesday. Dylan got them to give him enough time to make the connection in case the flight was delayed, but then wound up being stuck in Chicago for 7 hours...no delays. It was just crazy.

So other than the being stuck for 4 days and getting behind on everything back here, our vacation was very nice. And because idle hands are the Devil's playground here's what I did while I was on vacation:

These are tote bags made from plastic grocery bags. The yellow striped one is for Dylan's grandmother as she gave me all the bags to make it and she really liked the yellow. The other one is the first one I made. They're super easy to make and this is how I finally learned to crochet. You can find instructions here. It was the first time I was able to actually see the stitches. Now I've started on a scarf for Seth (from actual yarn, not plastic bags:).

And Amy has tagged me (twice!) in the time that I was gone, so I still have that to blog:)...I'm getting there;).

2 comments:

  1. welcome back! wow I never would have thought those were plastic bags, those would be great for carrying swimsuits in the summer...Love the layout and it's such a nice picture of the two of you! Want to join a Deck Of Me Card challenge...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO cool! I need to follow the link and see the instructions for it...The only time I get plastic bags like that is when someone sends me something from home and they use them for cushion!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated! I love to hear the nice and clever things you have to say.

Anonymous comments will be deleted. Think of this as 1st grade and always put your name on your work:).