So, in reference to yesterday's post where I'm going back through my archives because I have nothing to say, I've been tagged by Marinka. YAY! More useless stuff where I don't actually have to sit and come up with an amusing post all by myself.
So here they are, Six Odd Things About Me:
1) If I look at myself too long in a mirror it freaks me out. Seriously. I don't know why and when I was a teenager I covered all the mirrors in my room.
2) Doors that are meant to be open MUST be open and doors that are meant to be closed MUST be closed. How do I know which ones are which? I just know. And everyone else should know too. If you ever see me closing doors or opening doors (such as the cabinet doors at the PTO store) and think I'm a little bit crazy, it's 'cause I am.
3) When I see Africans outside of Africa, I smile at them like I know them. Because I think I'm African. (I mention this one because this morning at the gym there was a gentleman from Nigeria and I smiled and he walked up and started talking to me. Which was rather unfortunate, as I was trying to balance on a large ball while squeezing another ball between my legs.)
4) I have attended weddings in every country I have lived in except Ghana. I may have to go back just to attend a wedding.
5) I have panic disorder, but I stopped taking my medicine a long time ago. I didn't like the way it made me feel. But I get angry with other mentally ill people who stop taking their medication. As though I think I'm normal and they should know that they are not.
6) I was raised without religion. I usually say Atheist, but we were not the hardcore 'everyone else is wrong and there is obviously no god' kind of Atheists. And I now teach religion to teenagers.
I'm not going to tag anyone because that's too much pressure (did I mention panic disorder?). So if you want to play along, go ahead. If not, that's okay too.
Jenny Lawson: Human Shish Kabob
3 days ago